Windows 10 not installing

cotton.matt

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
I am using an install usb.

It looks like it installs but then when it says it needs to reboot...it comes back to the initial install screen.

I tried removing the usb but then it says reboot and select the proper boot device.

As if the drive does not have windows.

I tried cleaning the drive and deleting the partitions and installling and it looks like it is installing... but it will do the same thing.

If I try to install it again on the drive, the drive is partitioned with back up, etc into 4 partitions.

Please and thank you for any help.

Solution
https://www.deskdecode.com/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-explained/#

Go thru above guide's Solution #3 & #4 specifically.
Also, try installing Linu on your PC. This is just to check that there is not internal Hardware related problem.
May 25, 2018
Okay. Do this. I firstly assume that the windows installation USB is perfectly fine. If not, or if you have a doubt, create a new one using windows media creation tool. Next, I also assume you are doing a clean install. I suggest you to do one thing before actually installing. Boot from Windows Install USB and on the page saying "Install Now", click on "reapir your computer" or something similar on bottom left corner of the window. After that go to CMD and perform a check disk of your drive(s) as follows :
Here, I am also assuming the partition letter of one or more partitions on your drives, as 'X' in general. You will perform windows checkdisk and repair operation on your partitions depending upon how many you have. If you have only one part. say C, you will perform only one such operation.
Now "How to part" : Once you enter CMD, type the following one by one. Each will perform its own operation and take time depending upon drive size and data stored :
chkdsk X:
chkdsk /f /r X:
(X is your drive letter)
Once complete, exit CMD, restart your PC and again boot into USB.
In partition section, delete all of the partitions and create one new single NTFS partition and let windows install on the same.
When time comes for restart, "click restart now" or something similar and once it restart, go into the BIOS (you must be knowing how to). Once into the BIOS, change your system boot priority order to your HDD/SSD first & remove your USB and restart. I think it should proceed normally now. Do reply on what happens next.

cotton.matt

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
No change.

I had to first learn how to assign a letter.

I did exactly as you said and it still leads me to a screen saying, reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

May 25, 2018
https://www.deskdecode.com/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-explained/#

Go thru above guide's Solution #3 & #4 specifically.
Also, try installing Linu on your PC. This is just to check that there is not internal Hardware related problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS