Full shutdown instead of sleep mode

Feb 19, 2018
Hi everyone, I have a problem with my windows startup.

Whenever I close the lid (laptop), press the power button or select sleep mode, my PC turns off completely. Also, on startup, there's multiple screens of which one is certainly not meant to be there.
First, the BIOS logo comes on, then the windows 10 booting screen with the win10 logo and spinner, and then there's another screen just like the boot screen, but without the windows logo, just the spinner. I'm pretty sure the last one is not meant to be there.
This slowed my boot time significantly, so I kindly ask you to help me.
The problem seems to have occured when I deleted an old copy of windows, and removed its boot manager entry through msconfig.

Here's what I've tried so far:
Power troubleshooter
Resetting power options
Reinstalling Win 10
Checked in bcdedit, there's no other boot manager options

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Assuming we talked about same thing, the spinner only on black screen is normal after i upgrade to window10. Only after i use SSD that my boot up time down to 11 second only and the spinner with black screen doesn't have a chance to show anymore hahaha.

traxxmy

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 1, 2015
Assuming we talked about same thing, the spinner only on black screen is normal after i upgrade to window10. Only after i use SSD that my boot up time down to 11 second only and the spinner with black screen doesn't have a chance to show anymore hahaha.

Solution