Should I use System or Disk backup for my C drive?

spodeworld

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
My C drive is dedicated for my operating system and my D drive for data. I have Aomei Backupper and it offers a System Backup and a Disk Backup. For my C drive, in case of a crash, I'm not sure whether I should use System Backup or Disk Backup. The goal is, in case my C disk crashes, to be able to rebuild it.

Solution
Look at that link I provided. It shows EFI, System and Recovery partitions in a system backup he has selected in task #2. It includes everything you need.

If you are questing this program. I would personally use Veeam Agent for Windows. It's 100% free and backups up everything. Also allows you to create an ISO boot media to boot into for a system restore.

But I don't see why your program wouldn't work either.
A system backup should back up the OS along with all the files on the disk. A disk backup only backs up the data on the selected disk. I do not believe it will backup the OS.

So you would do a system backup for C:\ with the OS and a disk backup for D:\. Although I dont think it really matters. If you do system backup and just include both disks if you can.

https://www.backup-utility.com/features/system-backup.html

spodeworld

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
The thing is that I don't think that the system backup includes all the partitions on the C drive. It includes the one with the OS, but I don't believe it has the other small partitions that typically get created. I'll read through the link you provided and will see if I can get more clarity. Thanks!

Look at that link I provided. It shows EFI, System and Recovery partitions in a system backup he has selected in task #2. It includes everything you need.

If you are questing this program. I would personally use Veeam Agent for Windows. It's 100% free and backups up everything. Also allows you to create an ISO boot media to boot into for a system restore.

But I don't see why your program wouldn't work either.

Solution