Clean windows install on ssd

SlayerTime11

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
Hello. Im trying to a clean instal of windows 10 on a new ssd i got to make it my boot drive. (Mx500 2.5-inch ssd from crucial)
Im doing it after downloading the boot files onto a flash drive, and have finished the installation process to where it restarts.
It wants to install again and goes into the windows instal loop.
So i google and people say remove the flashdrive. I did that and now i get "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media device in selected boot device and press a key" and i made sure in bios that the new ssd is the boot drive first priority.
All other drives and disk tray are disconnected.

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
My first instinct is to say go and carefully double check that BIOS boot drive priority. I'll bet you a dollar that's it.

Not sure about your mobo, but some of them have a "boot override" section, that kind of looks similar to the boot order...at least on my ASUS, the boot override will allow you to boot ONCE from the chosen device, this is typically the better way to do the Windows install, as you will override your boot order to boot from USB, then allow the normal boot order to resume on the next reboot (i.e. the Win Install reboot)

SlayerTime11

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
I tried clearing the boot order in bios and selecting the ssd. When i go through the windows instal it looks like everything partitioned right and i have to delete the partitions if i want to reinstall windows again

SlayerTime11

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
If i remove the ssd it becomes primary boot drive and i get the "reboot and select proper bopt device" i cant find any answers to what im doing wrong. I restart my pc and while its off remove the usb btw.