Broken AA in all games and weird displaying of names in wow

Aug 8, 2018
Hi,

When i play wow all the character names look really weird. It looks normal only when i'am zoomed in alot.

Also i have broken aa in all games.

Also turning on and off different aa settings in games does often nothing but just blurs the image but the edges are still jagged.

I tried another gpu (old gtx 550ti), clean os install, different nvdia control panel settings, different hdmi port on my monitor, update all drivers.

Specs:

Cpu: FX-4320

Gpu: MSI 1050Ti

Ram: 8gb

Some older gigabyte mobo

Benq 1080p monitor

Broken AA (its in all other games it just really visible here, its way more visible when moving) : https://imgur.com/a/EFmsE5K

Broken names : https://imgur.com/a/1lcQpJ5

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm. Not sure I have an answer for you, but I am curious. Maybe a very technical GPU wizard will stop by and enlighten us.

What was the results of the GTX550Ti test? I assume nothing otherwise you would have mentioned.

Normally I would say a DX re-install or something, but a clean OS should have taken care of that.

So you've ruled out both hardware and software, perhaps. Any other GPU related tools installed?

Aug 8, 2018
Corsair RMx Series RM550x (v.2018) 550W also the settings, i was trying if it would improve something but it looks the same on all settings (the names) also it runs fine in starting zone i will change it when it starts to lag.
With the gtx 550 nothing changed

Aug 8, 2018
Okay so i tried few more things and after that i tried installing wow on friends pc and it looked exactly the same. I still find it weird tho that if it can show half of lets say G why cant it show 3 more pixels and make the letter complete for it to look normal.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Are you perhaps running a monitor outside of its native resolution? Or using Dynamic Super Resolution or Virtual Super Resolution?

The former would typically cause a lack of sharpness that anti-aliasing settings might mess with. DSR or VSR render the game in a higher resolution then downscale, which can also cause issues.

I'm almost tempted to re-install WoW to see if it is a game engine fault they've introduced.

Aug 8, 2018
Everything is in its native resolution ingame and outside, and i have no idea what vsr is so if its not enabled by default then its off.
Also weird thing is that if you stop the names looks weird like in the pictures but if you move and stay in the same distance the names keep refreshing when you move so it looks better because when you stop it stops refreshing.