144hz Freesync monitor kind of smooth, but fast movement seems unsynced or has ghosting effect

May 30, 2018
Hello, I have had a problem with my monitor ( or maybe it's caused by something else), that when I move my camera fast or just any fast movement happens, everything looks strange, feels like every texture getting doubled or have some ghosting effect. I have had 2 different gpu's and the effect was the same ( the first one nvidia, the second amd). Thanks for every answer and I will try to share as much information as possible.

Solution
Look for response time in your monitors menu. Change it to faster. Page 31 in your monitors manual.

If that doesn't work try one of the "game settings" it has.

There is a driver for that monitor on samsungs site, there is no firmware update I can find. You can try installing the driver if you haven't already. But im doubtful that will solve your issue.
FreeSync technology works with compatible AMD GPUs, with a DisplayPort connection...it does not work with Nvidia GPUs.
When AMD FreeSync display and a compatible AMD GPU are paired the GPU and the monitor synchronize frames, so no tearing or stuttering should be present.
Could you post your system components?

May 30, 2018
As I stated in my post, I have AMD gpu ( rx 570) , and I get no tearing nor stuttering. The problem is fast movement creates some strange frame doubling, that it's hard to understand what's happening in the background.

Which display do you have?
Does it happens in all games?
Did you enable FreeSync from AMD Catalyst Control Center...look for “AMD FreeSync technology or DP Adaptive-Sync.”.
Which connection are you using to connect the display to the computer

I just wanted clarify it, since you also stated:

May 30, 2018
I have Samsung S25HG5xFQ
It happens in all games, but since not all games are fast paced, it's more noticeable in fps games or rpg games.
Yes I did enable freesync
I am using hdmi ( tried 2 different hdmi cables). It may cause the issue, but I can't connect displayport cable, for some reason it doesn't display anything with it. I suspect that's because the cable isn't 100% inside the slot, since my case is blocking it a bit. But I am curious maybe that's not the case.

I did not find that exact model, but I found Samsung S25HG50FQN, which support FreeSync over HDMI1, HDMI2 and DisplayPort...according to manufacturer.
See if your monitor has more than one FreeSync setting and if it does switch between the two, to see if the issue disappears.

It looks, by your description, that you are encountering ghosting.
It could be related to drivers, settings or FreeSync.

You could uninstall the drivers using DDU. Follow the steps on the website.
Download the latest drivers for your GPU before removing the version on your PC.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Look for response time in your monitors menu. Change it to faster. Page 31 in your monitors manual.

If that doesn't work try one of the "game settings" it has.

There is a driver for that monitor on samsungs site, there is no firmware update I can find. You can try installing the driver if you haven't already. But im doubtful that will solve your issue.

Solution
Also remember. If you are using Freesync you should turn off VSync. Most games turn this on by default! Make sure to go into the settings and turn it off.

Also is this happening to every game or only specific games? I know for me it only happened on CSGO and my hardware far proceeds whats needed for the game to run. Even with Freesync on it would try to process at 300fps. I had to run a command in CSGO to limit the in game FPS to 144 and it fixes that problem.

However, I've only seen this happen in CSGO. Had no issues with any other games.