Best Cases (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2018
The link for the Cougar Panzer in the table is incorrect, it leads to a Fractal Design case would lead people to believe it's $70 cheaper than it is

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
As a person who has moved on to more premium cases, all I see are similar looking boxes with the PSU on the bottom under a shroud and poor material quality. I feel quite confident I would not use a single case suggested in this article.

Aug 10, 2018
Agree with Thisjustanother.
I'm looking for NON rgb, NON glass and NOT eATX or as-big-as-possible ATX (a mATX a sweet spot), so nothing from this list..

Reactions: gg67
I was torn when I was shopping for a case a few months ago and chose the Define R6 TG. I considered a lot of the available mid-tower builds. What my decision came down to was whether a case could facilitate my NH-D15 or not, because I haven't found anything better or quieter.
I like the Define R6 TG a lot. The style is a contemporary take on a conservative case with a well thought out design. So many drive configuration options. It would take real effort not to manage cables well in this case.
I have no HDDs in my build so I moved the HDD cage bracket back for the "open" configuration. I also keep the solid top on for the more "silent" configuration. You simply have a lot of options with this case. I could still mount an ODD at the top, but I keep an external Blu Ray DVD RW around for use as necessary. It includes dust filters in the top, bottom and front. The included fans are OK, though I replaced the stock fans with 2x140 Noctuas in front and a single in back.
The other thing about this case that's pretty amazing is it has a replaceable front I/O panel. Who does that??? Theoretically, if Fractal continues to create these front panel replacement units to meet all future technological demands, you'd never have to buy a new case!
Link in my signature is to pictures of my build in the Define R6 pre-1080 ti.
I'm not big into RGB, but you can see where the case could facilitate any level of bling.

rafe78yap

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
for cheap imitation of "COUGAR PANZER EVO RGB", can try seaching for Tecware Vision, but be prepared for very average 4x RGB 120mm fans included with controller. Like the ThermalTake view 71 looks awesome, well COUGAR PANZER EVO RGB is still stunning if not the fingerprints magnet.

Pixdawg

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
About time this was updated, but I'm not terribly impressed with the cases. Part of it is the general lack of an open-to-the-front 5 1/4" bay for an optical drive--I want my optical drive, tyvm. I also don't want glass on both sides or anywhere but the one side, and would have no problem doing without it. I wound up with the CM Trooper (the new version, not the one from 2+ years ago). It's a full tower, but not a giant, it has lots of room inside--no HD cage, because the HDs along with SSDs mount to the side of what would otherwise be the HD cage. That works well with a mobo having two M.2 slots--allows me up to 5 SSDs if I want them. Has excellent airflow, and is pretty quiet.

I have the H500P Mesh and overall for form and function, it does a very good job. The interior is very well laid out making installation easy with plenty of room to work with and can handle water cooling setups with ease. The two front 200mm fans do a fantastic job in driving airflow through the case without noise...Cable management is good and I suppose it comes down to looks for some but it works for me and my temps are great.

Larmo-Ct

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
I'm surprised that there are no EVGA cases mentioned here. I find their product inventory to be first class, along with great customer service. I have three tower PCs - a Full tower, mid-tower, and small tower, (not mini). All of them have optical drives, and two have card readers. I was stunned when looking for a new tower, for my latest build. That the higher end cases, didn't provide front panels, where optical drives could be easily, (if at all), installed. I have a ton of most of the various types of optical disks, and SD Memory Cards. Lastly, I just bought an LG internal drive that plays DVD-RAM disks. I guess I'm just a pack rat dinosaur. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.