What is the best software to edit PDF file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
What is the best software to edit PDF file?

I have a lot of old books that they were scanned and made into PDF formats many years ago. However, I would like to make some modifications now.

Things like - detecting those English text from the PDF file so that I can copy them or edit them, instead
of having to actually look at the book and type everything again.

I remember that I did google a lot, downloaded and tried a lot of software with the keywords like PDF edit..
However, none of them did very well.

I don't want to waste my time again searching and trying different software. I'd like to ask for recommendation on which software currently is the best for editing PDF file?

As @SkyNetRising, your PDFs are just images (one page) combined into PDF. There's no text you can select, even less to edit. You have a huge work in front of you if you want to make these PDFs searchable and editable. Start by OCR'ing them, proofreading, editing - more or less reverse the publisher' work.

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
I have a lot of PDF files that they are mostly text, of course, they are of different font sizes and styles. I want to edit them, however, I have hard time dealing with PDF edit, what is the best software to edit them? Arobat, I've looked at it. A little bit too expensive for a monthly fee of US 14. I don't often need to edit it and I don't use it for business purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.