Canon Pixma Printer won't scan

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
I've got a Canon Pixma MG5250 Printer, Scanner, Copier. The printing function works exceptionally well but on the same laptops (one mac, one Win 10) the scanner will not communicate. Canon have switched their old MP Navigator EX software for a new, rubbish one called 'My Image Garden' but the printer still wants MP Navigator to open.

Using the new software, the 'Scan' feature is greyed out and if you try and do it using the buttons on the scanner, an error pops up on the computer saying that the version of MP Navigator is not compatible.

I've checked that Canon haven't released any new firmware for this Printer - according to their website they haven't - so I'm at a loss because I simply can't scan.

Any ideas for how I can resolve this?

Thanks

Solution
Uninstal -Reinstall drivers https://www.canon.ie/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5250.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=Windows%2010%20(64-bit)

With laptops you may be able to fix the scanner by selecting the Power saver option in Windows 10. To do that, enter ‘power saver’ in Cortana’s search box and select Choose a power plan. Then you can select the Power saver option. You might also find the printer scans when you unplug your laptop. -Check the Scanner’s Window 10 Compatibility Go to the Compatibility tab. Under Compatibility mode, check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.....whatever works...
-Run Windows 10 Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
-Scan...

DarkEngine

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
Uninstal -Reinstall drivers https://www.canon.ie/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5250.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=Windows%2010%20(64-bit)

With laptops you may be able to fix the scanner by selecting the Power saver option in Windows 10. To do that, enter ‘power saver’ in Cortana’s search box and select Choose a power plan. Then you can select the Power saver option. You might also find the printer scans when you unplug your laptop. -Check the Scanner’s Window 10 Compatibility Go to the Compatibility tab. Under Compatibility mode, check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.....whatever works...
-Run Windows 10 Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
-Scan Documents With the MF Toolbox 4.9

Solution

techiebee18

Great
Aug 20, 2018
Visit Canon's web site at:
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

2. Click on SUPPORT & DRIVERS. On the Support & Drivers page, select your model in the following manner:

a. From the first menu, select PRINTERS & MULTIFUNCTIONS.

b. From the second menu, select PIXMA MG SERIES.

c. From the third menu, click DRIVERS & SOFTWARE beside PIXMA Printer.

3. Select Windows using the drop down menu SELECT OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION, then select Windows 8 (x64) using the SELECT OS VERSION drop down box.

4. Click SOFTWARE.

5. Click on MP Navigator EX.

6. Instructions for completing the download and installation will appear on the page that follows. You will also see a disclaimer at the bottom. Review the disclaimer, and click I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD.

7. Once the download is complete, double click on the downloaded file to start the installation. Follow the onscreen
instructions to install.