Flashing horizontal lines on Samsung TV

Aug 10, 2018
I've got this 8 year old 32" Samsung LED TV I've started using as a computer monitor. It's been plugged into my GTX1060 for a few months now, on 24/7.

3 days ago when I got home from work, I saw there were these wavy/flashing white horizontal lines all over the screen. I changed HDMI cords and input source on the TV, so far. Neither of those fixed the issue.

I remote desktop'd into my PC via TeamViewer on my phone, and there are no lines on the display. Leads me to believe the graphics card is fine, and that it's the TV or the input on the TV.

Any thoughts? I can upload a picture of the screen for more info when I get off work.

Solution
You can try and update the BIOS on your platform(motherboard) as well as uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers to rule out some factors. If the issue yet persists and you see that the same cable, used to connect your system to another display, doesn't produce the issue then yes it's the TV/display.

Lutfij

Titan
You can try and update the BIOS on your platform(motherboard) as well as uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers to rule out some factors. If the issue yet persists and you see that the same cable, used to connect your system to another display, doesn't produce the issue then yes it's the TV/display.

Solution