Second display not working on system reboot (works after replugging power cable)

Lightpino

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
Hey all,

So my second monitor suddenly starts acting up. Whenever I reboot my computer, my second monitor does remain black (note: my primary monitor works fine) and -sometimes- lights up its power indicator in blue (meaning the monitor does recieve a signal input) and sometimes it remains black (meaning the screen is turned off). Whenever I try to push on the on/off button of my monitor, nothing happens.

I can fix this issue by replugging my power cable in my monitor. However, as you can imagine, this is tedious and should not happen. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

I am running Windows 10 on this system, the monitor that's having this issue is the Dell E2210HC and I am using a VGA cable to connect the monitor to my desktop. If any more information is necessary, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
1| Switch up the cables and see if that helps. Often times damaged or faulty cables can bring up this issue.
2| What is your video output source? A discrete card or the iGPU?
3| Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your platform.
4| Also make sure you're on the latest drivers for your GPU.

On another note, can you list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

5| Both monitors are of the same make and model and connected using the same type of cable?