My Monitor does this funny thing on cold startups and I can't find it ANYWHERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2018
I'm wondering if anyone knows or has heard of a problem like this before.

I have a Samsung curved 1080p 144hz monitor i bought a while ago and it has been working beautifully every since.

Except about 4 months in there was this "problem" that developed. When I turn the monitor on there are certain sections that start blinking, fading, and displaying "dead" pixels but eventually fix themselves from the top down in recurring sections.

This problem only occurs after a cold-start usually (after not using the monitor for a while) but does not always behave that way.

I took a video of it once and put it on Youtube but deleted it after not

Here is a link to my youtube video, it's important to note that the pixels do not stay this way, and that the video does not show the progression of the pixels fixing themselves. That's about the third section up and it has gone as high as 3 inches off the top of the monitor at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJsut5Pt760

The sections are not the same size, but you can see where the small section at the bottom splits into the 2nd section

Solution
I would try swapping different cables to see if the problem goes away. If not, RMA the monitor with the company and see if they can fix it. Monitors from Samsung have a 36 month warranty, so it should be covered. Or if you bought it at a physical store, try to reach there repair/warranty department and see if they can help you.

mangaman

Honorable
I would try swapping different cables to see if the problem goes away. If not, RMA the monitor with the company and see if they can fix it. Monitors from Samsung have a 36 month warranty, so it should be covered. Or if you bought it at a physical store, try to reach there repair/warranty department and see if they can help you.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS