Dual monitor cause FPS drop while gaming?

waynelugames

Proper
Aug 4, 2018
I have one 144Hz monitor, and one 60hz monitor that I am planning to add. I play BF1 for example on ultra at fluctuations between 60-100 FPS. I am wondering if adding the 60hz monitor for web browsing and like weather checking while using the main monitor for gaming will it affect my FPS?
If so how big of a drop or how easily will I see the changes in FPS?

Specs:
System: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 8-Core 16 Thread 3.6 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo) | 16GB DDR4-2400 | 1TB HDD | 120GB SSD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB Dedicated Gaming Video Card | VR Ready | Display Connectors - DVI-I & HDMI

Solution
While on an RX580, the card can drive more than one display but the real question is what resolutions both monitors will be running at. You may have to dial down some of the details since more resolution means more work/load on the GPU.

On a second note, you should've gone for DDR403200MHz rams since Ryzen likes higher frequency ram kits(dual channel(.

Lutfij

Titan
While on an RX580, the card can drive more than one display but the real question is what resolutions both monitors will be running at. You may have to dial down some of the details since more resolution means more work/load on the GPU.

On a second note, you should've gone for DDR403200MHz rams since Ryzen likes higher frequency ram kits(dual channel(.

Solution

waynelugames

Proper
Aug 4, 2018

Would my current RAM be sufficient?