Monitor not receiving signal from PC

henrivho

Prominent
Feb 12, 2018
Hello, I used my PC this morning before I packed it up to head to a LAN tournament. I’ve done this several times before and there has been no problems. However this time, when I get to the event and get everything set up, my monitor doesn’t get a signal, but my keyboards LED lights are on and my mouse isn’t working. Tried different monitors and different cables (HDMI, DP) with no avail. I took out the graphics card and put it into a different slot and also tried unplugging it and holding the power button. I gave up and got a rental and everything worked fine so I’m figuring it’s either the graphics card or my PSU. Let me know if you guys have any other ideas or if I should just take it to my local computer repair shop. Thanks!!
Edit** my MB is an Asus strix b350-f gaming and has a orange light at the bottom right. Not sure if that means my PSU is faulty?

Solution
1| When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

2| Can you get into BIOS?

3| Have you tried removing the CMOS battery and replacing it after 15 mins?

4| The orange light at the bottom of your board, which is next to your front panel connectors is the standby indicator, ofc, provided it's got the initials SB on the side of the surface mounted LED.

Lutfij

Titan
1| When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

2| Can you get into BIOS?

3| Have you tried removing the CMOS battery and replacing it after 15 mins?

4| The orange light at the bottom of your board, which is next to your front panel connectors is the standby indicator, ofc, provided it's got the initials SB on the side of the surface mounted LED.

Solution