Windows 10 installation issues

Aug 12, 2018
I recently bought and built a custom PC. Everything was fine while building, no issues... until I tried installing windows 10 via USB.

I get through the installation process, select windows 10 Pro, select a fresh partition, and then, after getting about 10-20% through the "Getting files ready for installation" phase, I get the BSOD. I've recieved multiple different stop codes, and none of the online tips to solve the issue have helped. Stop codes I've gotten are...

• Bad_pool_header
    Kernel_Security_Check_Failure
    Resource_not_Owned
    PFN_List_Corrupt
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Fast_ERESOURCE_PRECONDITION_VIOLATION

I've had an friend who works in IT come and look at it, to no avail. Called microsoft support, they don't know what's up either. Any ideas?

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 Ghz
Motherboard: MSI b350M Gaming Pro micro atx AM4
RAM: G-Skill AEGIS 8Gb
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb

Are you reusing a drive from a previous system? If so, did you completely remove ALL existing partitions on the drive by choosing the "Custom" option in the Windows installation options?

If not, I'd try again, and follow the directions at the following link EXACTLY as outlined. Also, if you have more than one drive, disconnect ALL of them except the drive you are trying to install Windows to. It would probably also not be a bad idea to download the latest bios image using a different computer, to a USB drive, and update your bios to the latest version available before proceeding further with the Windows installation.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3567655/clean-installation-windows.html

You might also want to create new installation media following the instructions there. It's possible there is either something wrong with the installer you created OR with the USB media you are installing from. If possible, try creating the installation media on an optical disc if the USB method fails to be successful.

Aug 12, 2018

Originally used an old Windows 7 drive, but it was corrupted. I'm attempting to download a new disc image onto a USB now. There's only one hard drive in use as of now.

I have a single Stick of 8gb RAM installed. I'm fairly sure that the BIOS is the latest, but not sure exactly how to check that. The Windows 7 hard drive is from 2007, so it's possible that it's too old to recognize Ryzen.

Aug 12, 2018

The BIOS says MSI Click Bios 5, I assume that's what version it is?

Also,
1. Sorry for messing up my post, haven't really used the forums before.
2. Sorry for lack of technical knowledge, I haven't really built a PC before.

Solution
Aug 12, 2018

The issue was outdated BIOS. Windows installed like a charm. Thanks a ton!!