LG 29" Monitor Lights up but doesn't show display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2018
So first off I need to state that this monitor is less than one year old since I bought it, the link to where I got it is here https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-29-ips-led-fhd-219-ultrawide-freesync-monitor/5770301.p?skuId=5770301&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=1442&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=cee6c50a-8dc4-4ea2-84db-adc6bad1e75b&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg252352&ksdevice=m&lsft=ref:212,loc:2
I don't know much about monitors, or computers for that matter but this problem has been happening for about 2 months now, and this is my last resort before I return it to fix it. The problem is not with my computer, or the HDMI port because I have a second monitor that works fine with my computer (Note, I only plug one monitor into my computer at a time, I'm not trying to dual display) The power supply might be the problem, I've switched power cables and it still has the same affect, the screen lights up a bit, but doesn't show any picture, not even the on-screen menu. I believe this has something to do with the power-saving aspect of the monitor, but as I said before I still don't know much about this topic, and I can give computer details if needed or extra monitor details, thanks for your time, and I appreciate any and all help!

Lutfij

Titan
1| Can you please pass on your full system's specs, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

2| If you've been able to use the display in tandem with your system as a stand alone display, what was the last thing you did before the display began giving you a black screen?

3| You can rule out a bad display by using it on another system or having another display source.

4| You can rule out a faulty display cable by changing it out for another cable.

Aug 13, 2018
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590T CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
Motherboard: 0J8H4R
RAM: 8 GB RAM
HDD: ST1000LM044 HN-M101SAD
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GPU
PSU: N/A
Chassis: N/A

Those are my specs, I couldn't get my power supply or chassis, but I've ruled out faulty wires by using a different power cable, the same affect happened. I also plugged it into another system, same affect. The last thing I did on my monitor was trying to dual monitor, but after learning my graphics card wouldn't allow it, I just left it as it was, I changed no settings and even after I restarted my monitor after that nothing changed, it happened about two days after I ruled out I couldn't dual-monitor. I now 100% know this is my monitor, but besides returning it what other options do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.