Cannot change email address, change password, request info or delete account

Guy_Marshall

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
I am currently trying to change email addresses and when I click "Edit Account Credentials" it tells me to enter a new email or password. I have tried both and clicked the "Submit" button but there is no loading webpage afterwards or anything and the button does nothing at all.

Also I have tried to request my information and delete my account but both buttons give a message saying "Your request has been received. A representative will contact you when your request has been processed" and after over a week nothing has happened. On any other website it is so easy to do these simple things so I'm wondering what is happening.

I have tried these things on many devices and both don't work on iOS, Android, Windows 10 or Mac OS so it is most likely the website at fault. Also there is no "Tom's Hardware Forum" category so I have had to put it under "Tom's Guide.

Please can somebody help me resolve these annoying issues and thanks in advance! :)

Solution
There are ongoing issues requiring the devs attention, among those are sign-in issues which are stopping users accessing the site.
While not a perfect solution, there's a priority balancing act required of the devs and certain issues will be deemed higher/lesser priority.

If your password reset request is necessitated as a result of a data breach etc, then I would suggest escalating via a CM (community manager) - although there's very little that could be done with the username/password of a member profile.

If it's simply a preference situation, then I would ask for your patience on this matter.

I did that four months ago and still no resolution. All I got was a community manager to refer my issue to the developers. As I said, still no resolution.
Original post:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3682497/change-email-address-tom-account.html
The big problem is I can't access my old email address any more.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
There are ongoing issues requiring the devs attention, among those are sign-in issues which are stopping users accessing the site.
While not a perfect solution, there's a priority balancing act required of the devs and certain issues will be deemed higher/lesser priority.

If your password reset request is necessitated as a result of a data breach etc, then I would suggest escalating via a CM (community manager) - although there's very little that could be done with the username/password of a member profile.

If it's simply a preference situation, then I would ask for your patience on this matter.

Solution

Guy_Marshall

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
“There are ongoing issues requiring the devs attention, among those are sign-in issues which are stopping users accessing the site.

If it's simply a preference situation, then I would ask for your patience on this matter.”

There’s no way to reply on mobile. Thanks for the replies!! The password change is just preference and not needed at the moment. The account deletion would be helpful though as I’m moving over to a new one hopefully. Thanks again everybody!

You see, that's the thing. I DON'T want a new account, Userid or password. All I want is to use a valid Email account. I guess that I am technically in violation of Tom's rules as my email account as listed is no longer valid.
My old email went to a "for pay" only service and is no longer free.