I Need Help About Case Fan Airflow (cpu cooler and case models included)

Aug 14, 2018
Hi everyone

My pc is really hot when im trying to play a game, i didn't have any case fans before so i just got 3 case fans to fix it. Problem is i don't have any experience/knowledge about them so if you guys could help i'd be really glad; my case is cooler master k380 depends on the game gpu or cpu they climb to the easily 80c s sometimes even more so i stop playing.

Pc specs;

cpu: i5 6500
cpu fan: Noctua NH-C14S
motherboard: MSI - B150M pro-vdh
ram: 2x g.skill ripjaws v Series 8gb
gpu: evga gtx 980 superclocked acx 2.0
case: cooler master mid tower k380

Case looks like this;

rMxaMN.png

and i installed the nh-c14s as top-flow design;

zB6l4M.jpg

If you have better ideas with 4 fans too please let me know, any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'd go with an exhaust fan on the top rear and an intake fan on the bottom front.
The other fan I would make an intake fan located in one of the other two locations.
I may try it in each location and play a demanding game and monitor the temps to see which location is better.

Aug 14, 2018

edit: oh you meant rear top and bottom front okay i thought you said the top okay thanks i'll try like that.

In general....placing fans is not a precise science.

Keep in mind....the only goal here is to keep the components cool.

After you install the fans....stress the CPU and GPU by running a demanding game or some other way and look at your temps. If they're good, then you are done.

Aug 14, 2018

Yeah, i wasn't sure about nh-c14s's to side(direct) airflow instead of to the back but i guess it's okay thanks for the suggestion.