SiHost Error / twitch.exe - Bad Image

Haromass

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
So I accidentally put my pc in sleep mode and couldn't get it to wake up so I just hard powered it off by holding the power button on the case and now every time I try to boot it up normally, it loads like its going to work then I get this error.
EjMRnzd.jpg

So since it wouldn't work I tried a system restore, didn't work tried resetting the pc, didn't work, tried system repair, didn't work, so I tried safe mode and surprising it worked somewhat, except I get this error and if I close it, it goes to a blue screen until I power it off.
PgAZTqJ.jpg

So after I reboot it into safe mode I opened cmd as admin, (I should note that I can't use the Windows UI at all so the windows key doesn't work and neither does the search option) and ran sfc /scannow and it failed to run at 16%. This is all I have tried so far and I don't know what else to try.
6XIrl4A.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
go back into safe mode/CMD
type cd/
this will take you to root of C, may not help but its worth try as most times you run SFC its from C:\WINDOWS\System32

try running this instead of SFC - have to make sure spacing is exact:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter.
Then run SFC/scannow once its completed, and restart PC

DISM cleans the image file that SFC gets files to compare from, so it should complete after DISM

Haromass

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
go back into safe mode/CMD
type cd/
this will take you to root of C, may not help but its worth try as most times you run SFC its from C:\WINDOWS\System32

try running this instead of SFC - have to make sure spacing is exact:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter.
Then run SFC/scannow once its completed, and restart PC

DISM cleans the image file that SFC gets files to compare from, so it should complete after DISM

I tried running a DISM before and did it just now again and it just gives me "Error 605" "The specified buffer contains ill-formed data." And I get the error at 5.3% of the scan, then sfc /scannow just stops after 16%.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Since windows sort of works, I would suggest trying this - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html - it will fix windows without need of reinstalling everything else. Only things it will need to reinstall are cumulative patches.

if repair doesn't work, its looking like best answer is a clean install of windows 10 as your image files are messed up, and it explains why reset didn't work.

Solution

Haromass

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015

The article says in order to repair windows 10 it cant be in safe mode and I can only use the pc in safe mode because with a normal boot file explrorer.exe doesnt work and I just have a black screen. I ordered a 4 tb hard drive and probably wil just run the bad one as a external or 2ndary drive as it still works just the windows 10 on it does not.