I installed a new ssd into my computer and now it wont boot

Jun 2, 2018
I recently put an SSD (Samsung 850 evo) into my cyberpower windows 10 pc. I used the samsung software to clone it. I restarted my computer and ran windows 10 through the disk that was provided with the computer. It worked perfectly, but a few hours later when I went back to my computer and turned it on I was given the error message 0xc00000f. I unplugged the new ssd's sata cable and left the hdd's sata cable. The windows cd repair came up, but would not fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated; I did not buy an ssd for my windows not to work.

I realize you say
I unplugged the new ssd's sata cable and left the hdd's sata cable. The windows cd repair came up.

What is the cd repair and when did it display ?
Try this. Disconnect the the clone : either disable the port in UEFI or physically disconnect the drive. Set the source drive as the boot drive in UEFI. Boot.

Jun 2, 2018
when I left the ssd in the repair disk wouldnt work. Without it plugged in the repair disk still didnt work. Ive resorted to downloading windows onto a usb I own.

Jun 2, 2018

when I go in cmos the ssd wont come up. The weird thing is that it recognizes the drive.

Yes, just do a clean install on to your SSD.

TRENDING THREADS