Monitor refresh rate

Aug 16, 2018
I have a acer XG270HU 2560x1440p 144hz freesync gaming monitor which I had to rma due to a purple line running vertically down the center of the screen so I just got it back from acer and can’t for the life of me get it working at 144hz... the option is there under advanced display adapter properties to change it but when I hit apply the screen goes black and after about 10 seconds reverts back to 59hz. I’m going to go check the user manual when I get home from work tonight and probably try re_installing all the nvidea drivers for my gtx 1070. It isn’t possible to when they repaired my monitor they put in a 60hz panel is it? It says on the repair report that the lcd panel was replaced. Should also note I’m using the display port cable that came with it.

Edit: I have got it working up to 119 hz but for some reason still going black after selecting 144hz option

Solution
1| If you're on the same GPU drivers that were on your system when you first experienced the issue, I'd suggest to leave it alone. Unless, ofc, you were using another monitor.

2| If there are no external settings to push(on the monitor's OSD), then it's quite probable they replaced the panel with a lower frequency unit.

3| You can try and replace the DP cable and see if you get to 144Hz.

I would've suggested you get a GSync monitor to compliment your Nvidia GPU and take advantage of the feature aforementioned.

Lutfij

Titan
1| If you're on the same GPU drivers that were on your system when you first experienced the issue, I'd suggest to leave it alone. Unless, ofc, you were using another monitor.

2| If there are no external settings to push(on the monitor's OSD), then it's quite probable they replaced the panel with a lower frequency unit.

3| You can try and replace the DP cable and see if you get to 144Hz.

I would've suggested you get a GSync monitor to compliment your Nvidia GPU and take advantage of the feature aforementioned.

Solution