Desktop sometimes wont wake up properly after sleep

Roggnar

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
Hello, I have a custom built Desktop with Windows 10 and whenever I try to put it to sleep it's successful but sometimes the computer just fails and shuts down halfway when booting and then boots up on its own.

I used to have Windows 8.1 and it did this all the time, never managed to sleep successfully but now I can sleep most of the time and it only does this from time to time.
Please help me fix this issue as Microsoft have proven themselves useless when it comes to this...

Thanks in advance!

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz
RAM: 8GB (1x8GB) HyperX Fury 2666MHz (Currently running on one because the other got faulty, used to have two back when I had windows 8.1)
GPU: NVidia GTX 970
HDD: WD Blue 2TB 7200RPM (For files and programs)
SSD: Kingston SH103S3 120GB (For Windows)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99UD4P
PSU: Corsair HX1000i, 1000 Watt 80 Plus PLATINUM Certified PSU

Roggnar

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
Ok... I've read plenty of stories about it too know how true that is. I mean if it doesn't harm my computer in any way I guess I can still use it since it only fails sometimes and it's somewhat rare.
But if someone does know of a way to fix it or soften it it would help tremendously.

Thanks

Roggnar

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017

Yeah.. But the problem is, I use sleep mode for when I go to sleep and don't feel like switching it off and having to let it boot again (even though it's really fast) in the morning. If I leave my computer on it'll just make noise and not let me sleep, plus it has LEDs.

I just don't get it why would a feature like this be always broken... Plus, the fails are getting more common now..

Roggnar

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017

I guess, I disabled sleep and hibernate now... Will never see those 2 buttons again.
I have also noticed that with hibernation it's even worse, it always fails and recently it got stuck on a restart loop. No picture on the screen, just fans and hdd spinning and shutting down every minute.

I guess I'll just shut it down as usual and keep it that way. It's not that big of a difference in boot time, maybe 10 or so seconds.