Some displays are killing my eyes while other don't, please help me figure out why

Jul 31, 2018
For starters: sorry aboyt my bad english, it's not my first language.

I've never had much problems spending a long time in front of monitors and televisions, writing, reading, gaming, watching movies, and so on, I did that during my whole life. Sadly, now my old laptop is dying, so I needed a new one. I bought a new laptop (an ASUS Vivobook 14 S406UA, the version with the better monitor with 1920*1080 resolution) but using it was a pain: burning eyes, pain around the eyes, headache, and I felt sick.

I googled a lot, I mostly found people talking about flickers and PWM that can be hard on the eyes, so I returned the laptop and bought another one that a review website (https://www.notebookcheck.net/PWM-Ranking-Notebooks-Smartphones-and-Tablets-with-PWM.163979.0.html) labels as flicker-free, the ASUS Zenbook 13 UX331UN. That gave me the same problems, so I thought that with time I could just get used to it, after 3 weeks the situation is preatty much the same and I feel constantly sick.

I thought I had problem with new led backlight monitors in general, while the old ccfl ones were ok for me, but I realized my old desktop monitor is also led backlight (At least that was I found out now googling for the spec, is an old Samsung BX2431) and I've spent hours everyday in front of it for years without any problems. That confused me and broke the premise that led backlight is, in general, the problem. So I really need your help to try to figure out what could be the feature that gives me problems in these monitors.

Displays that make me sick:

ASUS Laptop UX331UN
ASUS Laptop S406UA (the model with the 1920*1080 monitor)
LG Television 42LM660S (I owned this for a while, it gave me those problem, but I don't spend much time in front of it)

Displays that don't give me any problem:

ASUS Laptop X205T
SAMSUNG Desktop Monitor BX2431

Can you find a feature common amongst the ones that make me sick that is different from the one I'm ok with? That could help me find a laptop that doesn't kill my eyes.

Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS