How to configure what type of device u connect via audio jack on windows 10?

Aug 16, 2018
I use a laptop that has only one audio jack and i used my hyper x cloud stinger with it for a while before reseting(format) my laptop , now my laptop does'nt recognize my headset as a headset but as an audio output

there was something that pops up when connecting my headset asking me what type of device i use ( headphones,headset,speaker ,microphone) is there any way i can get it back because thats how i got it to work before

(my first post btw)

Solution
most pc use realteck audio drivers. as you reinstalled windows clean you want to install your mb chipset drivers then the sound card drivers. if your laptop uses an intel cpu download intel chipset drivers. on realteck web page use the hd audio driver.
Aug 16, 2018
i could'nt find the sound tab in system

but do you know about the tab that pops out when plugging headphones
im sure this can fix my problem but i cant seem to find it

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about the "tab" you are seeing....

Audio options, etc. seem, to me at least, to be scattered about. Often have to delve into any number of Windows, tab, and Properties buttons to get to or find what is needed.

Go to the Sound window:

"WIN" + "I" > System > Sound

Click "Device Properties"

And do try the built in Windows 10 troubleshooters. They may find and fix something.

Ralston18

Titan
Do the headphones work on another computer or device?

Do other, known working headphones work on your laptop.

When you plug in the headphones try gently wiggling the plug to see if there is some physical connection issue.

What audio devices do you see in Device Manager via "Audio inputs and outputs"?

most pc use realteck audio drivers. as you reinstalled windows clean you want to install your mb chipset drivers then the sound card drivers. if your laptop uses an intel cpu download intel chipset drivers. on realteck web page use the hd audio driver.

Solution