HDMI splitter not detecting pc cable

May 13, 2018
Hi, I recently purchased a HDMI splitter in hopes of being able to connect two separate sources to my pc, I got in the mail today, and when I plug in the monitors it detects fine. the problem is when I plug in the pc cable, the light never turns on. both monitors are connected, but neither get a signal because the pc cable isn't detected. if anyone could help out here it would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
First, do a test. Connect the PC to one of the monitors. Do you see the PC's desktop on the monitor? If so, don't turn anything off, just unplug the HDMI cable from the monitor and connect it to the input of the splitter. Now connect the monitors to the outputs of the splitter and power up the splitter.

If you're not getting a picture on a monitor when directly connected to the PC, then it's a PC issue. If you're using a laptop, have you pressed the fn + the correct number key to turn on the HDMI output port of the laptop?

Also, you do understand that the splitter is just going to duplicate the same image on both monitors? It's not going to extend the desktop so that you have different windows on each monitor.
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jlordmlg : "HDMI splitter not detecting pc"

First, do a test. Connect the PC to one of the monitors. Do you see the PC's desktop on the monitor? If so, don't turn anything off, just unplug the HDMI cable from the monitor and connect it to the input of the splitter. Now connect the monitors to the outputs of the splitter and power up the splitter.

If you're not getting a picture on a monitor when directly connected to the PC, then it's a PC issue. If you're using a laptop, have you pressed the fn + the correct number key to turn on the HDMI output port of the laptop?

Also, you do understand that the splitter is just going to duplicate the same image on both monitors? It's not going to extend the desktop so that you have different windows on each monitor.

Solution
May 13, 2018

yes I do understand this, maybe that's my issue. the monitors both show a solid connection to the pc, sadly it doesn't connect to the monitors through the splitter. It might be a resolution issue, or just a bad product.

TRENDING THREADS