Command Prompt Opens, opens a smaller tab and then closes in a fraction of a second

Aug 17, 2018
Command Prompt Opens, makes a mini tab and then closes in a fraction of a second. I have tried reading and performing the other solutions of other threads but mine seems a bit different as when I WinKey + R cmd, run as admin or any other way it always flashes one tab, then opens another, smaller tab, then closes both until I try again. I have tried to sfc /scannow and scanned with malware-bytes.

It doesnt open on startup and anytime a .exe tries to open cmd the same things also occurs.

Any Ideas?

Hello ljmaloney2403

I assume that it happens when you start your computer. Please confirm this is correct.

That said, can you please try the solutions given here?

If none of them helps, please try creating a different user account, log in to that account, and see if it works properly?

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Aug 17, 2018

Hey so I can open the cmd as a different user but I cannot with my main user, I have a feeling its disabled or something so I tried to use gpedit.msc but thats missing. I then followed a guide to install gpedit.msc but since no programs that open the cmd work nothing happens just the same old open, create smaller tab, close.

Any Ideas?