Why Am i lagging with 2 monitor setup

superserbtv

Prominent
Aug 9, 2018
here are my specs:
CPU - I7 6700 @ 3.4GHz
Mobo - Asus Prime B250m a
GPU - EVGA GTX 1080 TI
RAM - Corsair Vengence 2400MHz DDR4 (2x8GB)
SSD - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB
HDD - 2TB 7200RPM 6Gb/s Hardrive
Monitor - Alienware 240hz
2nd - Samsung 60hz 1680x1050

So i like to stream and added another monitor to interact with chat easier.

Before i added my second monitor i was able to stream at 1080p60 with zero issues.
Than i added my second monitor and even when i stream at 720p60 im still lagging in game beyond belief and i still can't find what the heck is happening.

The lagging only occurs when im streaming everything seems to run perfectly fine when im not. 60mb down and 10mb up speed.

I was wondering if one of you smart people would be able to help me out?

superserbtv

Prominent
Aug 9, 2018

I have tested window, window full screen, and fullscreen but wasn't able to see any changes :(

I would also update the graphics driver. You can reseat the graphics card and check the power connections. You can reseat the RAM and check the memory to see that all of the memory is showing up and at the correct frequencies. Memory has a big impact on graphics cards.

superserbtv

Prominent
Aug 9, 2018

Thanks, ill check this out tonight when i get home.

superserbtv

Prominent
Aug 9, 2018
So i figured it out, in Nvidia control panel go to Adjust desktop size and position, Change perform scaling on GPU instead of Display for both monitors and it resolved my issue. hope this helps someone in the future who is trying to stream.

I've always down it the other way around. I set the resolution for the monitor, and it is done. I'm not a big fan of scaling to change the resolution as seen on your monitor. But if it works for you, that's what counts.

superserbtv

Prominent
Aug 9, 2018

i keep my resolution the same 1920x1080 - 16:9 but the scaling is done by display, if i leave it like that while streaming its unplayable but as long as im not streaming than its playable with my second monitor plugged in. So i just tested out 1920x1080 - 16:9 but this time scaling done by GPU im able to stream 1080p60 once again. i also had my temperatures up while playing and streaming games cause i thought my GPU would be working overtime doing it that way but i didn't see any difference in temperature either.

superserbtv

Prominent
Aug 9, 2018

This is actually really cool! i didn't think you can play 4k at native resolution! im going to research more on this im hoping i can play 4k and not drop to much FPS while streaming. Thanks for opening up my eyes man