Laptop keeps booting into BIOS with a twist

Aug 17, 2018
I have an ASUS laptop, (ASUS X55DA if that helps)
Once I open my laptop, it always boots into BIOS, which is already a problem. I search online and see that I should check in BIOS if I can actually see the drive in the boot options. I'm pretty sure I see it. Still doesn't change the fact that I can't or usually can't use my computer.

Here's the 'twist'. Sometimes, after the arduous process of restarting the computer and going into bios, my computer starts perfectly fine. I think this 'twist' is what makes my problem a bit more unique, I guess.

Solution
The first thing I would do is replace the CMOS battery. It sounds like the bios is not retaining it's settings and if it is not, it usually will not boot because it doesn't know what configuration settings to use, since it can't remember them.

I'd try that FIRST, and if that doesn't solve the problem, then I'd suggest that perhaps you either have a faulty drive or a failing motherboard.
The first thing I would do is replace the CMOS battery. It sounds like the bios is not retaining it's settings and if it is not, it usually will not boot because it doesn't know what configuration settings to use, since it can't remember them.

I'd try that FIRST, and if that doesn't solve the problem, then I'd suggest that perhaps you either have a faulty drive or a failing motherboard.

Solution