I can't open several microsoft apps

snoopshibe

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
Whenever I try to install Spotify, a message pops up saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store"

I also cant open Microsoft store, default alarm clock from microsoft and itunes and spotify

Solution
The Microsoft Store should be fixed first, either by running the Microsoft Store troubleshooter or fixing from the Powershell

Open PowerShell as administrator
Type: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} and hit Enter

After the command is successfully executed, close PowerShell and reboot the PC.

If that does not fix the issue the your Windows System Image is corrupted and it needs to be repaired.
DISM will try to use Windows Update to replace the damaged files, so the computer must have internet access.

Open Command prompt as administrator.
-Type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and hit Enter (this could take 10-15 minutes.)...
Try these
-Update Microsoft Store by clicking the Start button > Microsoft Store . Select See more... > Downloads and updates > Get updates.
If an update for Microsoft Store is available, it will start installing automatically.
-Repair and reset the app: Click the Start button > Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Select the app that's not working, and then select Advanced options. On the page that opens with information about the app, select Repair.
Some apps don't have this option, so if repairing the app doesn't fix the problem, select Reset.
-Uninstall and reinstall the app: click the Start button. In the list of apps, right-click the one that's not working, select Uninstall, and select Uninstall again to confirm. To reinstall the app, click the Start button > Microsoft Store > See more > My Library > Apps. Then select the app you want to reinstall, and select Install.
-Try running the troubleshooter for Microsoft Store apps. Click the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Store Apps.

snoopshibe

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

(Update)
I found a powershell script to reinstall all Microsoft apps, but the apps only opens briefly then crashes, any suggestions?

The Microsoft Store should be fixed first, either by running the Microsoft Store troubleshooter or fixing from the Powershell

Open PowerShell as administrator
Type: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} and hit Enter

After the command is successfully executed, close PowerShell and reboot the PC.

If that does not fix the issue the your Windows System Image is corrupted and it needs to be repaired.
DISM will try to use Windows Update to replace the damaged files, so the computer must have internet access.

Open Command prompt as administrator.
-Type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and hit Enter (this could take 10-15 minutes.)
-Type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and hit Enter (this should take 1 minute.)
-Type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter (this could take 15 minutes or more.)
In case the process seems stuck ( 20% or 40%), don't interrupt it since it's normal. After a few minutes, the operation will finish as expected.
Type sfc /scannow hit Enter. Do Not interrupt the process.When done close the Command prompt and reboot the PC.
You could try SFC up to three times to fix all issues.

Solution