ALT+TAB out of game causes Desktop Resolution to Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPen

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
Whenever I play BF1 and ALT + TAB out of it to the desktop, most of the time the resolution maintains itself (3840 x 2160 native desktop resolution and 3840 x 2160 @ 59.94 Hz in-game resolution). However, after several times of doing this in one session, the game may crash altogether and the desktop resolution drops to 1024 x 768. I don't get why it does this!

I've read elsewhere on this forum that you can simply play in Windowed or Borderless mode, but those two modes cause me to mouse out, everything becomes drastically smaller, and it seems to be more laggy.

Is there a solution to prevent this from happening? Obviously, I could stop tabbing out, but maybe I've chosen the incorrect setting somewhere. Please help and thanks in advance!

iPen

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from iPen : "ALT+TAB out of game causes Desktop Resolution to Change"

Whenever I play BF1 and ALT + TAB out of it to the desktop, most of the time the resolution maintains itself (3840 x 2160 native desktop resolution and 3840 x 2160 @ 59.94 Hz in-game resolution). However, after several times of doing this in one session, the game may crash altogether and the desktop resolution drops to 1024 x 768. I don't get why it does this!

I've read elsewhere on this forum that you can simply play in Windowed or Borderless mode, but those two modes cause me to mouse out, everything becomes drastically smaller, and it seems to be more laggy.

Is there a solution to prevent this from happening? Obviously, I could stop tabbing out, but maybe I've chosen the incorrect setting somewhere. Please help and thanks in advance!

iPen

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
Could it have something to do with Windows 10's "Fullscreen Optimization" feature? I'm not sure what it does, but when I right click on the Battlefield 1 shortcut and go to Properties > Compatibility Mode tab, there's a check box to "Disable fullscreen optimizations". Could Windows 10 be causing an inadvertent issue? I previously had it deselected, and I've just now selected it as shown below.

Capture_zpsv3g3zyuk.png

iPen

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
OK, according to this Reddit page, I think that the issue has to do with the Fullscreen Optimization feature!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/645ukf/windows_10_cu_fullscreen_optimizations/

iPen

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
How do I set the third post with the screenshot as the Answer? I've had absolutely no issues since I checked the Disable full screen optimizations box. This issue has been solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.