A desk for my gaming setup.

Unknown_ID

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
I want a desk for my pc gaming setup.I have dual monitor setup.Im using a HP w2216v which is a 21.6" (54.8cm) its a wide-screen monitor and a Samsung SyncMaster 171N its 17" (43cm) monitor so total length is 97.9cm i thought that 100cm (39.3inch) would be enough to fit both of them side to side and i wanted the desk to be like 50 cm width to fit mouse,keyboard,2 monitors but im not sure if that enough or is it too narrow because i have a tight place.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
I am in a similar predicament. There are plenty of places online to find desks, but I am not sure that I really like any of them. I currently have 32" that I am using as my main, but plan to add two 24"-28" monitors on either side (or 19's...haven't decided which way to go with that one yet) but the short of it is that I want more real estate that I am going to be able to get without having to pull a full on executive desk.

My current plan is to try and source a good piece of Butcher Block to lay on top of a couple of cheap file cabinets or bookshelves from IKEA...or another thought is maybe a decent looking door to use as the desktop (already a pre drilled cable hole? hmmm). If you come up with anything please share!! I am working...
Jul 30, 2018
I am in a similar predicament. There are plenty of places online to find desks, but I am not sure that I really like any of them. I currently have 32" that I am using as my main, but plan to add two 24"-28" monitors on either side (or 19's...haven't decided which way to go with that one yet) but the short of it is that I want more real estate that I am going to be able to get without having to pull a full on executive desk.

My current plan is to try and source a good piece of Butcher Block to lay on top of a couple of cheap file cabinets or bookshelves from IKEA...or another thought is maybe a decent looking door to use as the desktop (already a pre drilled cable hole? hmmm). If you come up with anything please share!! I am working with an old writing desk that I have thrown a shelf between the two side drawers to add a keyboard platform. The footprint on this 32" is large, and I need more real estate!!!

Solution