using a converter vs native?

casilladelucas

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
hey guys,quick question, I have a gtx evga 1050 that im using with a monitor, via a converter trough the hdmi port to the vga of the monitor itself. would I notice (if there is) the difference if I had a monitor that would connect to the gpu with no "middle man" ? like, if maintain the resolution, would it ve worth it to buy a monitor that lets me connect the gpu without the converter?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Converters typically add a bit of input lag, how much and whether it's noticeable will depend on the converter.

I wouldn't buy a new monitor just because you want to remove the "middle man" lol. I would get a new monitor to get a new monitor. You would surly notice say a higher resolution, faster refresh rate, better color reproduction, better response times, better contrast, etc from a decent modern monitor far more than less input lag from not needing to use a converter anymore.

casilladelucas

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017

so in a way, I would have "excuses" for making the switch, but they would be "rich excuses" just to take the converter out of the equation