Random restarts during gaming sesions...

mavsynchroid

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
When you say your PC restarts, does it have a BSOD and then restart? Or just restart as if you went to the shutdown/restart button?

I ask because I'm experiencing the same thing

"Certificate for local system with Thumbprint a1 31 88 6d 8b 7b 88 bc 1b 0f 61 cb e3 82 66 e0 a5 4f a4 d0 is about to expire or already expired."

Also get this

"Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay_1.32.21002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe for user DESKTOP-8NDO8FK\Ian (current status = 0x0, desired status = 0x20)."

However, what I think really causes the crash (for me anyway) is this warning error.

"The Desktop Window Manager is experiencing heavy resource contention.
Scenario : Video memory resources are over-utilized and there is thrashing happening as a result. Reducing number of running programs and open windows may help resolve this condition."

I noticed that my game stutters suddenly and then this error appears. If I continue to keep playing, my PC gets a BSOD and restarts. I've actually made a thread about it but no one has even responded.

I didn't think the first error above had anything to do with it until I saw your thread. Now it has me wondering if it has anything to do with it.