Hey

Specs:
I7 8700K
asrock z370 pro4 lga 1151
No GPU yet.
Corsair CX 750 W modular 80 plus bronze
Crucial mx500 ssd
Seagate barracuda 3TB
Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (I'm lazy to grab the full name )

I had an older thread about this problem, but it still persists. I am currently stuck in this issue where whenever I press the "type here to search" and begin searching for a folder let's say "downloads", it would automatically shut down (as if someone pulled the plug on me), then it would restart the PC.

Sometimes when booting back up on log in screen, it would also shut down again and restart. (usually this happens when it shuts down first time when searching in start search)

I had tried reinstalling Windows 10 on a new SSD and problem still existed, I reseated and reapplied thermal paste (my CPU temps have went down few degrees, I average 27-29C idle)
I removed the motherboard from the case and placed it on cardboard while I tested,
I tried the removing one stick of RAM at a time,
I removed my HDD and only booted SSD.

Still it happened to me again when I pressed the search button,

I did have this weird error 10016 error in my eventviewer, but I searched it up and I dont know if it's the cause, it got something to do with "distributedCOM" and I have no idea what's its function

another thing to note HDMI port does not work unsure if it contributed to the problem.

I have a new SSD (currently using as I am returning old one) and new HDD that I havent used yet.

I used speccy to determine my CPU + MOBO + Storage temps which are at 25,25,26 respectively.

Please help me out here as I really have no idea why my PC shuts down abruptly and restarts

Edit: I did use a Windows 10 education key for a Windows 10 Home N
Would that be a problem ?

Solution
Actually solution was to update VGA drivers, in case anyone has this problem in future, make sure you actually take the time to update your drivers right away. Don't delay it like I did, that's where possible problems will leave you paranoid and start assuming it's PSU problem to CPU throttling to Motherboard being faulty.

Cheers everyone.

venomiousrex

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

Hi,

would the event 10016 error be invasive ? What I mean by that is, would it be the reason to shutting down PC? I did do this one solution where it had to do with registry.

venomiousrex

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
Actually solution was to update VGA drivers, in case anyone has this problem in future, make sure you actually take the time to update your drivers right away. Don't delay it like I did, that's where possible problems will leave you paranoid and start assuming it's PSU problem to CPU throttling to Motherboard being faulty.

Cheers everyone.

Solution