1080ti Gaming monitor. Which one should i get? 21:9 or 16:9

Aug 23, 2018
I just ordered my PC and joined the master race :) and i am looking at monitors, and which one would be best. I am paticuarly intrigued by an ultrawide(21:9) at 75hz IPS panel 1440p, though i have heard 1440p at 144hz on a TN or VA panel.
Im running a Ryzen 5 2600x and a Zotac GTX 1080ti.
Thanks for the help guys.

Solution
If you can fit it into your budget get a 3440x1440P/IPS/75hz, IPS will give you better colors over a VA/TN panel but may have slight backlight bleed. As for the 21:9 vs 16:9 there's only a very few games that don't natively support 21:9. Two that I'm aware of is Overwatch/SC2 (they didn't make 21:9 support on purpose) however Blizzard's other titles such as WoW/Diablo 3 do support it.

Just Google <Game> 21:9 and you'll usually find videos of the gameplay at the ultrawide ratio and possibly a fix if it doesn't support it.

Jwpanz

Honorable
IPS has better colors and viewing angles. If you can find an IPS with a good refresh rate and response tone then grab it.

As far as 21:9 vs 16:9 it really is preference. Ultrawides are great for a more “surround” feel but some games may not totally fill that extra screen space.

WildCard999

Titan
If you can fit it into your budget get a 3440x1440P/IPS/75hz, IPS will give you better colors over a VA/TN panel but may have slight backlight bleed. As for the 21:9 vs 16:9 there's only a very few games that don't natively support 21:9. Two that I'm aware of is Overwatch/SC2 (they didn't make 21:9 support on purpose) however Blizzard's other titles such as WoW/Diablo 3 do support it.

Just Google <Game> 21:9 and you'll usually find videos of the gameplay at the ultrawide ratio and possibly a fix if it doesn't support it.

Solution