Can I move my current ssd and hdd running windows 10 to a computer that does not have either?

Aug 22, 2018
I am currently trying to decide on how I should have windows 10 on my new PC. I currently have a Dell Optiplex 9010 using a i7 3770 with a 1TB HDD and a 250GB SSD with my Windows 10 on it. My question is "If I simply plug these two drives into my new system that will be running a i7 8700k, will I run into any issues"? If so, what should I do to make things work smoothly? P.S. the new system will not come with a SSD or HDD. It will be completely open in those slots.

Solution
Any time you swap motherboards, the safest thing to do is to do a fresh OS install. There is no reliable way to predict if the OS will boot, blue-screen, or seem to work fine (only to have problems weeks or months later). Bite the bullet and do a clean OS install. Whether you can reuse your OS license is a different question.

kanewolf

Titan
Any time you swap motherboards, the safest thing to do is to do a fresh OS install. There is no reliable way to predict if the OS will boot, blue-screen, or seem to work fine (only to have problems weeks or months later). Bite the bullet and do a clean OS install. Whether you can reuse your OS license is a different question.

Solution