PC Crashes and now I get no Display

Aug 26, 2018
Ok so this all started about 2 weeks ago when I was playing BF4 having a blast without any issues then suddenly when I'm looking through my weapons everything freezes. The audio cuts out and I can't move my cursor or tab out so I knew this wasn't no typical game crash it was my whole pc. So I let it sit for a bit on the frozen screen and nothing happens and I end up shutting off my pc holding down the power button.

Once it was off I letted it rest for about 3 min and booted it back up, everything seem to be working fine (LEDs lit up, case fans spinning, CPU fan spinning, Hdd all good) but I realised I wasn't getting any display. I looked at my GPU made sure it was plugged in alright and all then as I look underneath my GPU I see that the fans are slowing down and just eventually stop spinning. So I shut it down again and retry and get the same results, no display and GPU seems to just turn off while the rest of my PC stays on.

At this point I start looking at the EZ debug and the CPU led was lit so I thought something was wrong the the mobo or my CPU. I tested my CPU and RAM in another pc and worked fine. So I just bought a new board ( Msi Z270 A Pro) and plugged everything in (Also before the installation I dusted everything out with a compressed air can) I made sure everything was hooked up correctly and booted her up and same issue occurred but this time the EZ Debug LED was lit for my GPU and the fans were doing the same thing (Spin up for the first 10 sec and just slowly stop).

It was getting late when I was trying the new mobo when the same issue occurred and so I slept on the issue and in the morning I tried to boot up my pc again and it magically worked. I was getting display and seemed like the issue was gone. I made sure my GPU drivers were up to date and all and decided to play. After about 3 in a half hours of gameplay my PC (Most likely my GPU) freezes up again and this time I get the "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" message screen. The percentage stays at 0% and I believed my PC froze at that screen so I shutted down my pc once again. Booted it up I had a display from my GPU still and windows seem to be loading all good until it all freezes again.

So its either I get a display and pc crashes during Windows boot up, or I get a display and PC boots up to desktop without any issues and either freezes within the first 5 - 10 min or doesn't freeze til like 30 - 40 min up to 3 hours. OR I just don't get any display at all when booting up my PC.

To cut it short, this all kinda just repeats itself. I boot up my pc seems to work fine, either playing a game or browsing the web, ranges from 10 min up to 3 - 4 hours before everything crashes. Then sometimes I can manage to boot up with a display and other times I can't. So when I can't get a display after many attempts ( Reseating the RAM, Reseating the GPU) I would just leave my PC alone for a couple of hours and come back and it magically works again until it crashes.

Here are my PC specs:

Intel Core i5 7500
G.Skill Aegis Ram 8 GB 2x4
Msi Z270 A Pro
Evga Gtx 1060 6gb
Evga 450 B 80 plus bronze power supply

Note: My temps were always fine nothing was unusual with my CPU or GPU temps. Also it seems that when I try to download things my pc will crash half the time and the other half of the time it won't. Oh and my PC is only about 10 months old just saying in case it help resolve the issue.

EDIT: So I tried downgrading the nvidia driver to the previous one and my PC crashed not even half way through the download and gave me that "Your PC ran into a Prob" screen again. This time the % actually loaded and restarts by itself and tries to diagnose the problem then takes me to the Automatic repair screen. Now I have tried booting straight to Windows and it results in that same crash message. So I then tried to boot into Safe Mode and my PC crashes again and still gives that message and repeats.

Aug 26, 2018
Well this is really pissing me off. I resetted windows installed all the drivers my pc was working fine after that for 6 days. Now the random freezes/crashes are back. But my whole pc stays on including the GPU.