Something is stealing focus from my games and I can't find out what.

psychogrogan

Prominent
Aug 27, 2018
Hi, I'm playing games, any games. And every 10 minutes or so it will minimize the game. No popups are appearing so it's gotta be something in the background.

I've got windows focus logger open, I pressed start and when it minimizes the game, nothing is showing in there. I dont know if it's been set up wrong, but it's logging other things, like when I click out of windows focus logger, or another program.

Is this a hardware issue, as it doesn't look like a program is taking over.

Any help is appreciated, as it's happening in competitive game modes, and it's causing losses

Solution
Try setting windows up as a clean boot and see if it still happens - read instrcutions carefully and make sure NOT to disable any MIcrosoft services or Windows may not start right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if it doesn't happen, its possible the cause is a start up program, slowly (over a few starts) re add the programs and services you stopped to find cause
If it still happens, you can test it out in safe mode
Go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button

this restart PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode with networking by using number...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try setting windows up as a clean boot and see if it still happens - read instrcutions carefully and make sure NOT to disable any MIcrosoft services or Windows may not start right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if it doesn't happen, its possible the cause is a start up program, slowly (over a few starts) re add the programs and services you stopped to find cause
If it still happens, you can test it out in safe mode
Go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button

this restart PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode with networking by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

you somewhat restricted here, since it only uses windows drivers.

When you say any game, are they all Steam or literally anything?

Tried running anti virus or maleware scans?

Solution