1080p144Hz vs 1440p75Hz

Aug 29, 2018
Hey, I have a problem.
I want to buy a new monitor but I don't know which one.
I really want to play games in 1440p and I can because I have 1070ti but that display has only 75Hz and I don't want to spend more money on a display. So should I buy a 1080p monitor with 144Hz that is 50 Euro's cheaper or a 1440p monitor with 75hz? I don't play FPS games but I don't know if it's worth to sacrifice the 144hz for the 1440p...

Solution
If you don't play First Person Shooters, then resolution is better than Frames Per Second. 1070Ti is more than enough in most titles to get you up to 75FPS at QHD, so I vote for that.

Unless you play racing or simulator games, then you might want the FPS for a more fluid experience. But if you play 'sight seeing' games like RPGs or Strategy games then resolution is always nice. (You can even turn down some details without too much loss since you have more pixels)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If you don't play First Person Shooters, then resolution is better than Frames Per Second. 1070Ti is more than enough in most titles to get you up to 75FPS at QHD, so I vote for that.

Unless you play racing or simulator games, then you might want the FPS for a more fluid experience. But if you play 'sight seeing' games like RPGs or Strategy games then resolution is always nice. (You can even turn down some details without too much loss since you have more pixels)

Solution

cpmackenzi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2014
Second this. I am casual, my favorite recent games are the Tomb Raiders, and they look amazing at 2K. Given that not everyone can see a major siffwrence between 75fps and 140fps, I say go for the beautiful resolution.

TRENDING THREADS