Midrange Ultrawide Monitor Help?

Pandorica

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
Hello all,

Looking to buy a 34" ultrawide monitor for content creation - budget is ~$350 (Ideally closer to $300). I understand that this will limit me to a 2560x1080p, but the PPI doesn't concern me as I'll be sitting a comfortable distance.

Trying to decide among the following:
LG 34UM60-P
LG 34UM69G-B
LG 34WK650-WK

I understand that the 69G-B has a native 75Hz panel (I'm running an NVIDIA GPU, so this is great in lieu of FreeSync), but other than that, I'm not really clear on what the differences are?

Color accuracy is of paramount importance, followed by stand features, and then port selection.

If anyone has any more information on what sets these monitors apart, thanks in advance!

Solution
I looked at all 3 of those and there is not much difference. I think the W is the best out of the 3 cause it seems to be the newest model and has the highest brightness, the most ports, and fake HDR support (useless). One thig they don't mention is the Hz rating of the monitor but it has Freesync. Since you are not playing games, the refresh rate and Freesync doesn't matter anyway. The B gaming monitor does have an adjustable stand and speakers. So if those are important I would get the 69G-B, if not I would get the 650-WK.

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I looked at all 3 of those and there is not much difference. I think the W is the best out of the 3 cause it seems to be the newest model and has the highest brightness, the most ports, and fake HDR support (useless). One thig they don't mention is the Hz rating of the monitor but it has Freesync. Since you are not playing games, the refresh rate and Freesync doesn't matter anyway. The B gaming monitor does have an adjustable stand and speakers. So if those are important I would get the 69G-B, if not I would get the 650-WK.

Solution

Pandorica

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015

Great, thanks so much