How often do you buy video games in a year?

Just started another play through of Ghost Recon Wildlands. I was kinda upset the only way to play on Tier Level 1 after I finally got to it was Mission Replay. The La Plaga mission to take out El Sueno's 2nd highest ranking Security officer is bugged bad in Mission Replay with the tunnel door you need to access to track him down after finding him usually not opening.

So this time I decided to play on Extreme with no HUD and no skill upgrades. So far I've only done the Itacua missions. Believe it or not I'm still finding faster, better ways to beat the missions. The only caveat with playing this way is you don't have the GPS route on the mini map that makes driving to missions MUCH easier. You literally have to drive to and from the mission location once or twice to get it in your head. I'm going to play through a few more provinces this way, and if I feel it's manageable, I'll probably do a video walkthrough on it.

Here's the video playlist from Itacua. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHB6vX_n-5BOwb6B4izux5HjNAf0YFt00

On a side note, I never paid much attention to Star Citizen, as it's mostly designed around MP. The new Squadron 42 trailer announcing SC's upcoming sp campaign by the same name has me reconsidering though. It is said it will be at least 3 episodes long, with the first one totaling 20 hrs of gameplay. The cast alone is pretty amazing. It stars Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, Mark Strong, Liam Cunningham, and Andy Serkis. I think I also spotted Ben Mendelsohn from Rogue One at the 2:08 mark.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o46qVZFiiJc"][/video]

Nov 2, 2018
I used to buy a lot (20-30 a year 5-6 years ago) but lately it's dropped to maybe 2-3, as I feel like each "new game" is a cheap rehash of an old game.

I constantly keep hearing about how gaming story/plot is advancing beyond movies/books, but I just don't see it myself. While I seriously crave something new and exciting, I feel like the last 5 years have been gamings lowest point.

I've heard some people say the opposite, so I could be entirely biased but personally my purchases have gone way down, even though I have the resources to buy more.

I seriously hope things turn around, I CRAVE something great, but so far I rarely, very rarely see it.

Nov 14, 2018
Well if there's good discounts on the day I receive my salary I buy it at the moment. Apart from that I usually buy once every two-three months the one I really want that cost ~30+ pounds.

phil.r.greco

Prominent
Jul 3, 2018
I subscribe to Humble Bundle monthly for $12... every month you get a handful of games for that price per month, which can sometimes be $250 worth of titles... I have gotten some AAA titles in there before and I enjoy that service they provide.

nicholas70

Reputable
May 15, 2016
I'd say I probably average 4 or 5 games a year. I used to buy more long long ago, but seems pc games have gone the way of Hollywood movies you have a few blockbusters every year and most everything else stinks. I really miss the 90s and early 2000s when smaller developers could create some really nice games that didn't cost a fortune to produce. Now it seems it is just a few big developers putting out the great titles.

ADingoAteMyBaby

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016
I usually buy wholesale lots on ebay which have about 20-40 games a piece 3 or 4 times a year. So I'm usually buying over a 100 games a year.

hanotaink

Prominent
Jan 21, 2019
Not a lot, I'd say like 4 or 5 games a year and the occasional bundle if there's anything worth getting. My friends always play the same games so buying new one's all the time doesn't make much sense.

Asadumer

Commendable
Mar 14, 2017
I usually buy 15,20 games per year, I mostly buy second-hand games which are 50% less from the actual amount, i bought online from eBay or Gamestop, always look for black Friday deals too.

daveios92

Reputable
May 18, 2015
I am buying a few games per year, which seems to be good...I love strategies, especialy city management games, some RPG titles with good story and ideally similar to gothic series. Nowadays I am mostly stuck on HOTS.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I try to be the "exhaust what I have first" guy . . but every once in a while a ridiculous sale on Steam will get me to buy a couple of games.

Which sit there, waiting for me to play them. I haven't bought any games in a while, though.

Reactions: sherhi

aafusc2988

Honorable
Jan 8, 2015
I have slowed down, but still buy games I shouldn't when I feel the price is at a point I can't pass it up. Sometimes I do that WAY too soon. For instance I just got FFXV for $22.50 and NieR Automata GOTY Edition for $30.79 on Greenmangaming a few weeks ago and only played FFXV for about 3 hours and haven't touched NieR yet. All the while I have gone back to play RE2 Remake Claire B which I paid $52.49 for the Deluxe Edition of the game right after it came out.. also on GMG. I have this weird habit of buying a game, and then playing it a bit, and then going back to it some time later. Though I did beat Leon A within a week of buying RE2 back in early February. For once I beat a game right after getting it.

By the time I even touch NieR I bet it'll be closer to $20 or less on Steam...

D

Deleted member 14196

Are used to buy new games all the time but had the problem of not playing them for a long time so I only buy old games that are well under $20 each or much less on sale because I’m in no rush to finish video games

Plus Xbox live gives me free games twice a month so I don’t have to buy anything except my Xbox live subscription

Feb 16, 2019
Being a casual gamer, and a full-time employee, I don't have that much time to play games regularly. That's why I usually buy 3-4 games every year. Recently, I subscribed to the Origin Access Premium which gives me enough games (BF1, BF5, NFS Payback) to play for this year and probably the next year too.

Apr 9, 2019
I'm low on my budget and soon will be with time too, took me forever to build a mid range pc so it's hard to get my hand on many games.
I mostly have to rely on some companies giving games away, like ubisoft did with unity a few weeks ago and this works quite well, I allready have a ful list games in my inventory I haven't played yet.
Despite all these limitation my materialistic desires and pure gaming addiction still gets me to buy quite a few games every month, I would say I actually buy about 50 games a year

May 2, 2019
I don't. I only play CSGO and if I want to try a game newly released, I borrow one of my friends account and quickly give it back.
Cuz I wanna go back to playing CSGO

Jun 6, 2019
I buy games every time i find one that interests me so often i get a lot when there's a steam sale or a big discount on GOG, i have a lot of games i bought that i haven't played yet but most of the time i got them for very cheap, a game has to be very interesting for me to buy it at launch at full price but it happens , i.e. Kingdom Hearts III and Resident Evil 2 (2019)