Guys I need serious help

Maurice97

Distinguished
BANNED
May 24, 2015
Hello, so imma get right into it although I don't really think it's the right place to be asking for help for my situation I dunno where else to ask
anyways...
So I bought some laptop off of eBay... A broken laptop for me to fix as a fun little project and have myself a decent laptop at the end of the month but I ran into some issues with shipping and whatnot and I had to cancel the order
here's the twist
eBay says the seller refunded me but I can't find my money whatsoever and it's not easy to lose 120 bucks for nothing
this isn't my first time with refund issues it's just... my money goes to god knows where
like what the flip is going on with eBay these days, I tried contacting the support but No offense intended they're dumb asf really and they do me no good trying to solve any issue
I've been a buyer on eBay for years and I'm starting to change my mind from buying off of eBay anymore
so guys what do you think?
this is really annoying me
I tried giving them my PayPal info for the refund but as always they refund it to such said " original payment method" which is my personal bank account and the money never made it back, believe me, I checked multiple times going back and forth to the bank with no luck
is there any way I could get my money back somehow? sue them or something? I've lost well over 200 bucks on refunds that never came back

Solution
I hate to say it, but barring someone attempting fraud and sending fake emails or trying to go outside of eBay's channels.... even if I did have a clearer picture of what was going on, I don't think there's anything we could meaningfully do to tell you to fix it.

I would suggest getting on with eBay, possibly on customer support channels like Twitter, and trying to drive home that something is not working here. Unfortunately at the end of the day whether you get your money back or not sits with basically 4 people:

1. PayPal
2. eBay
3. Your Bank/CC as appropriate
4. The courts

I don't see any other options. I would call/contact them in that order to try and establish what is going wrong here.
I feel like you're doing something horribly wrong here.

I've used eBay and PayPal for years and have not once encountered a problem. Could it be getting put onto your credit card as credit?
You should contact their customer service and see what is going on, also, did the seller refund you via PayPal?

eBay sellers are prohibited from orchestrating financial transactions outside of eBay, so they should have refunded your PayPal if they agreed to a refund, and there should be a record in your PayPal of this. If not, they may not have refunded you.

Ultimately, if you didn't get your refund and you paid with a credit card, try a chargeback.

Barring that, you'll have to take them to court.

Maurice97

Distinguished
BANNED
May 24, 2015

I've given the seller my paypal info but he refunded it to the original payment method which is my credit card as far as i know and how do i agree to the refund? ebay messages say that the seller has canceled the order and i don't have to do anything else about it? "The seller refunded $126.70 back to your original payment method, and you don't need to do anything else."
and opening the cancel details shows the he refunded me
and there's nothing in my paypal either

Maurice97

Distinguished
BANNED
May 24, 2015
An update:
I've had a MasterCard once and never had issues with refunds but i had to get rid of it for some personal reasons and got myself a normal creddit\direct card and since then refunds never came back

I hate to say it, but barring someone attempting fraud and sending fake emails or trying to go outside of eBay's channels.... even if I did have a clearer picture of what was going on, I don't think there's anything we could meaningfully do to tell you to fix it.

I would suggest getting on with eBay, possibly on customer support channels like Twitter, and trying to drive home that something is not working here. Unfortunately at the end of the day whether you get your money back or not sits with basically 4 people:

1. PayPal
2. eBay
3. Your Bank/CC as appropriate
4. The courts

I don't see any other options. I would call/contact them in that order to try and establish what is going wrong here.

Solution