Lenovo L2251x monitor won't work with Windows 10

Sep 5, 2018
I'm not very tech and am beyond exasperated at how ALL my older printers, scanners, and now 'new' used Lenovo L2251x display monitor won't work and for none of these can I find drivers. Is the solution to just roll back to Windows 8? I also saw an article about how Windows 10 is fine for older hardware using 'compatibility mode' -- before I go down that rabbit hole, does anyone have any opinion about this? Seems ridiculous and a shame to ditch perfectly fine older peripherals for new.

Solution
even with the adaptor lenovo monitor not working could you try it on a win 7 system with a good working cable to see if you have a signal to it .
Sep 5, 2018
Thank you for your response. I believe so, if I understand you correctly, but will double-check those things. I previously had an old Dell Monitor set up as a 2nd monitor to my Origin PC laptop which worked fine. All I did was swap out the monitors and Lenovo (2nd) monitor says NO CONNECTION CHECK SIGNAL CABLE and my system display settings say it cannot detect a 2nd monitor. Checked Lenovo's cable and saw one pin missing so swapped out cables using cable I had on the Dell and get same result. No drivers to be found anywhere on the Lenovo site, etc. I am having to use an Insignia VGA to HDM connector to get to my laptop.