Ps4 displaying better colours than PC?

Sep 6, 2018
Code:
So I recently bought a new monitor (samsung CFG73), and I noticed that my ps4 had better colours than my computer. why is that? They are both connected via hdmi and yes I have a nvidia card and I have RGB with full dynamic range in settings. After doing comparisons in http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ here's the results I hope someone knows the solution.

So in terms of white saturation it's the same cant see the last square. Black level I can see all of them in the pc and in the ps4 I cant see the last 4.
Now in the contrast in the pc I can't see diffrences in the last blues and the first blues are black. In the ps4 It's the same plus I can see the difference between the last 2 blues and the beggining colours seemed darker. I should also add that the colours are different like the red seems a like orange on pc and actual red on ps4 and the yellow is way washed out on pc.

Solution
While the data is digital the value that is sent to the monitor can still be manipulated via software. I'm sure Sony put some effort on their end to get the best results, they may even have profiles for different LCDs, who knows. You can do the same for your hardware though.

This is a case where you would have two profiles set on the monitor. Or you can use the Nvidia control panel even to adjust colors and store it that way so you don't have to keep switching profiles between the devices.

If you like the way the PS4 colors look, just adjust the PC to match in the control panel or on the monitor. Would just be a matter of displaying the same image on each and changing the input on the monitor.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can always do a color calibration via software or on the monitor's menus if you want them to match. Most people don't do color calibration as hardware calibration tools cost money. However, places like tftcentral.co.uk often have their calibration settings by panel posted that you can try out.

Sep 6, 2018

The thing is the monitor is using the same settings on both so it must be something on the pc.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
While the data is digital the value that is sent to the monitor can still be manipulated via software. I'm sure Sony put some effort on their end to get the best results, they may even have profiles for different LCDs, who knows. You can do the same for your hardware though.

This is a case where you would have two profiles set on the monitor. Or you can use the Nvidia control panel even to adjust colors and store it that way so you don't have to keep switching profiles between the devices.

If you like the way the PS4 colors look, just adjust the PC to match in the control panel or on the monitor. Would just be a matter of displaying the same image on each and changing the input on the monitor.

Solution