Hdmi to Vga is it safe

mihirl.727

Commendable
Jul 18, 2018
Hi
I just bought an Xbox one .I dont want to play it on my tv(u know today s games).I have a monitor but with vga .Can I use a 6 $adapter( working i am seeing the picture)THE QUESTION IS IS IT SAFE.I dont want to ruin my xbox.I heard it sucks power as high as 1 amp

Solution
Please pass on a link to your adapter. You should be fine if you're getting video off the cable alone. You will need a particular adapter that splits audio from an HDMI port to a 3.5mm analog output if you'd like to connect a speaker system or a pair of analog headphones with an inline volume controller.

On second thoughts, is it an Xbox One or the previous Xbox 360?

Lutfij

Titan
Please pass on a link to your adapter. You should be fine if you're getting video off the cable alone. You will need a particular adapter that splits audio from an HDMI port to a 3.5mm analog output if you'd like to connect a speaker system or a pair of analog headphones with an inline volume controller.

On second thoughts, is it an Xbox One or the previous Xbox 360?

Solution

mihirl.727

Commendable
Jul 18, 2018
It is an Xbox one S .I bought the adapter from a nearby store
The adapter as you mentioned has aux port to it (along with hdmi and vga on either side)but it is generic chinese also when i touched the cable inserted at one side to monitor i felt a small shock- like feeling