CPU under 20% After OC Help!

Aug 24, 2018
http://prntscr.com/kmgaeo
^ Specs its just a print screen link lol also Ram is Corsair 2333

But uh yeah, its just as the title says. due to how my Bios is however, when i set it to TVP I or TVP II (one of its automatic features) it works perfectly fine and increases my CPU output, however i do need more. Yet when i do it manually it causes the above.

CPU power is set to 1.8v as MINIMUM (LOL) so thats out of the way. any help would be awesome

Update - Well my TVP wont work now so manual and automatic is both having issues, D: i really need help in this.

Update 2 - This Bios is actually Gonna make me kill myself i swear, my friend uses Intel and his is so much easier for him (or so he says), So after a million restarts, i fixed it back to my TVP II which is 3.85ghz, but since this is a 1500x, i want to make it at least 4-4.1, this should be the last update :p

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
The only advice I can give is:
1. Update BIOS
2. Disable Coo'n'Quiet + any other power saving
3. Performance mode from power options
4. Test with Prime95 v26.6
5. Go with Intel next time. Never had issues with it. ;)

Keep temps below 80c and voltage below 1.400v for daily usage.

BTW, why would you need that much overclock? 4.0GHz or more is very close to chips max potential.

Aug 24, 2018
Because most of the stuff i'm usually is using extremely CPU intensive, especially overtime. about Voltage Ryzen has it set to 1.8 by default, and that's the Min lol, temps are good yeah, when i do set it on "performance" it doesn't Quiet work, the Legacy system on my MB is quiet awkward, its extremely simple to change, but it doesn't actually apply it for some reason. and i don't know how to update BIOS lol

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
about Voltage Ryzen has it set to 1.8 by default, and that's the Min lol
I mean VCore. That voltage would definitely do some lol-ing if it was supplied directly to the cores.
and i don't know how to update BIOS lol
Google "b350 rog bios update"
its extremely simple to change, but it doesn't actually apply it for some reason
If everything resets after restarts, it might be faulty CMOS.
when i do set it on "performance" it doesn't Quiet work
I meant performance mode from control panel power options. Cool'n'Quiet is inside BIOS.

Also, very high overclock isn't easy. Sometimes, you have to adjust multiple stuff to get it to work. Like Voltage, LLC, BLCK, ...

Aug 24, 2018
well it SUPPOSEDLY says, to put Core speed and it will do everything ELSE automatically ._. thats what it says. now you can do everything manually but as you can see i dont know

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
That depends on your luck. Have fun reading the manual procedure for overclocking. If you don't know how to do it, learn it or stick to TVP. Each CPU chip behaves differently so your 1500X won't overclock the same as other 1500X. Because of that, we can't give exact directions, just general advice.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-3761568/cpu-overclocking-guide-tutorial-beginners-work-progress.html

Also, If your work depends on the CPU, buy a better one next time. It's a worthy investment. The most I do is encoding.

Aug 24, 2018
Well Ryzen is great at multithreading much better than intel in everything except single core. I guess i could get a 1700x but heres my issue as well. TVP either does work sometimes and when it does after a restart it sits at 1.35ghz with a base speed of 3.85. Or it simply doesnt work.

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
As I said before, update BIOS. It usually fixes these issues.
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/
----------
Also, if everything resets after restarting PC, could be bad CMOS battery.