Can I run Dual Monitors?

LeoLoon

Reputable
May 29, 2017
Hey! So I was thinking of getting a second monitor since I find constantly changing tabs quite stressful when I'm doing my homeworks, web design, and such. I need some help identifying if I can run dual monitors. Thank you in advance :)

Windows 7 32-bit
Radeon HD 8570 (Integrated)
4GB Ram

Do I also need to upgrade my PSU or can I just directly plug it into my wall outlet?

Solution
With integrated graphics it would just be a matter of plugging a second monitor into another motherboard video output.

If your motherboard supports multi-monitor, then you may be able to add a graphics card and use the two monitors to display different applications. Otherwise you would need to duplicate or extend one of the monitors.

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
The monitor plugs into wall socket so has nothing to do with your PSU.

The limiting factor is your GPU. When you say integrated HD8570, you mean its on the motherboard.

What motherboard do you have? How many monitor ports does it have?

With integrated graphics it would just be a matter of plugging a second monitor into another motherboard video output.

If your motherboard supports multi-monitor, then you may be able to add a graphics card and use the two monitors to display different applications. Otherwise you would need to duplicate or extend one of the monitors.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS