HELP! No idea whats wrong with my PC.

ryancancraft

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
Hey everyone! I don't really know where to post this, so I'm sorry if this is wrong.

So I'm not very good with technology at all to be honest, so you'll have to bear with me. But lately my computer has been running into a spot of trouble. So one symptom is that every now and again, my PC will freeze one or multiple tabs, where their display is sort of paused? (It may be good to note that sometimes, say if i typed in an application, it will still type it out, only much later), Or my PC will freeze altogether. Also, every now and then, my PC will either get very slow or even just crash.

Any ideas of what it could be?

Solution
That could be caused by a few things.

it could be your hard drive - download and run Hdtune on your PC, look on the helath tab and let it run a SMART scan. That will show if your drive is okay

It could be caused by old software. What type of computer is it? Was it made for you or a Brand name? If brand name, do you know what make/model? If it was made for you, do you know what motherboard it has?

If you don't have the answers for those questions, download and run speccy. Once you open it, look in File/Save as text. this will let you save a text file with all the info it finds. Upload it to a file sharing web site and show the link here.

I will look at file and suggest possible upgrades. Old drivers can cause slow downs.

Colif

Win 11 Master
That could be caused by a few things.

it could be your hard drive - download and run Hdtune on your PC, look on the helath tab and let it run a SMART scan. That will show if your drive is okay

It could be caused by old software. What type of computer is it? Was it made for you or a Brand name? If brand name, do you know what make/model? If it was made for you, do you know what motherboard it has?

If you don't have the answers for those questions, download and run speccy. Once you open it, look in File/Save as text. this will let you save a text file with all the info it finds. Upload it to a file sharing web site and show the link here.

I will look at file and suggest possible upgrades. Old drivers can cause slow downs.

Solution