Hello so I bought a new pc
specs:

Apu: Amd ryzen 2400g
Mainboard: Gigabyte B350 DS3H
RAM: 8GB Ballistix Sport
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda
PSU: 400W Bequiet System Power 9
Case:Sharkoon VS4-V

I got Windows 10,installed the dirvers and because my Motherboard doesnt have an onboard wifi card I need to use lan(is it possible to get one tho?)
I thought the problem might be that the drivers arent isntalled for the lan to work so I donwloaded them on an usb dirve got them on the new pc the setup worked fine until i got this error message:
The realtek ethernet controller was not found.If deep sleep mode is enabled.Please,Plug the cable.
Wich cable?Can someone help me?
I'm so close to get it running.
I've read that you have to do a a BIOS flash install windows again.Do I really have to?

When you built your PC you should have received a disc of utilities with the motherboard, you need to install and run the utilities off of that disc. That is the only way to get on the internet.

Also, no modern computer, AMD or Intel supports Windows 7 anymore, it is an ancient operating system.

Also, there is no such thing as Ubuntu 18.05. There is an 18.04.1, maybe that is what you have.

Install your drivers off of the disc and then you can get on the internet. Whether you run Linux or Windows, you still need to install the network drivers.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
sometimes the bios screen flashes by so fast you can't get it. look up the key to enter bios and just spam it while your computer is starting.

ubuntu has so many drivers. it's surprising your network isn't working. are you sure it's not something else?

just download the windows 10 OS and use RUFUS to burn it to a USB, then boot with the stick and you will be able to reinstall windows 10 on your system
yes it will not be registered but you can do that later only thing it blocks is customization (making it pretty) but does not interfere with usage

win OS ISO : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Refus : https://rufus.akeo.ie/

kaloyangantchev

Reputable
Apr 9, 2018

That was the first thing I tried but would give me an error so I tried it with rufus( I've used rufus before and got linux running so I kinda know how it works)got it on the usb plugged it.I'm sure the usb sitck is used as the boot device because I configured it so for linux to work.Doesn't boot the installation of windows tho only the ubuntu boot up window.I can't use my mouse or keyboard I've tried with 2 different pairs.No Idea what I should do.

kaloyangantchev

Reputable
Apr 9, 2018

I can't use my keyboard and mouse because of ubuntu loading.Like I spam is as much as I can ubuntu still load and the bios wont open.

kaloyangantchev

Reputable
Apr 9, 2018

I've tried doesnt load the windows installation process where I can format linux to install windows 10.Just boots up Linux.

kaloyangantchev

Reputable
Apr 9, 2018

I have a laptop.I used that to get windows 10 on my usb.I can't find any drivers.And Gigabyte doesnt support them.

kaloyangantchev

Reputable
Apr 9, 2018

I've tried googling for them and I can't find any.I've tried to do something in the Ubuntu start up can't use my mouse and keyboard.I've tried opening up my bios didn't work.I've tried using a USB with a windows 10 ISO gave me errors and I couldn't get it on a stick.I somehow managed to get it on a stick I don' think it is the right ISO I think it was a DVD one or something.Still won't boot up the installation for windows.Should I make a video of the whole thing?and where can I post it so you guys can see it?

kaloyangantchev

Reputable
Apr 9, 2018

How can I check if my laptop has a dvd burner thing to burn the windows 10 iso onto the dvd.I've never worked with installing an OS before I'm really sorry if it is a stupid question.

kaloyangantchev

Reputable
Apr 9, 2018

So Peter I got my Pc fixed by fixed I mean I could install windows 10.I still have problem with the drivers I installed the lan driver on a flash drive everything seemed to work right.Until the installations ended I got this error:

The realtek ethernet controller was not found.If deep sleep mode is anabled.Please, plug the cable.

Wich cable?My motherboard doesn't have on board wifi could I get like a adapter or something that mkaes it possible for me to use wifi on a motnerboard like mine?

TRENDING THREADS