HyperX's New Alloy FPS RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Opts for Kailh Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2018
I have the Corsair K70 Rapid fire and the light amount of pressure needed to activate the key is bothersome sometimes. 5 grams lighter going to be even more so.

I don't get why supposedly "premium" mechanical keyboards leave out features like a dedicated volume knob/roller, or at least some basic dedicated media buttons. Instead you need to perform finger-gymnastics with an FN key combo to swap between media controls and function keys. I mean, it's a $100+ keyboard. How hard is it to incorporate basic functionality that was included on $20 keyboards 20 years ago? The buttons don't even need to be mechanical, and probably wouldn't cost them much more than a dollar to add.

Additionally, the Kailh Silver Speed Switches are rated for 70 million key presses, while the Cherry MX Speed Silver switches are good for 50 million strokes.
Is anyone going to actually test that though? If it's just the manufacturer's claim, that doesn't mean much. Has some impartial 3rd-party tested production versions of both switches under identical controlled conditions and found there to be an actual difference in durability? Otherwise, comparing the durability specification at all seems kind of pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.